Panasonic hasn’t released a new version of the very successful DMC-LX5 high-end compact camera this year; but, it just released a new firmware version for the camera with major improvements in performance and capabilities. The updated firmware improves auto focus speed, white balance performance, easier manual focus fine adjustments, new max 250sec manual exposure while there is a new miniature effect and a number of other minor improvements.
At the same time Panasonic has also released an updated firmware for four of its Micro Four Thirds lenses: the H-F008 LUMIX G Fisheye 8mm, H-H014 LUMIX G 14mm, H-FS014042 LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm and H-FS100300 LUMIX G VARIO 100-300mm. The improvements are targeted towards better video performance; all four get reduced auto-focusing sound during recording, while the two zoom lenses also get enhanced optical image stabilization during video recording.
Download links and further details after the break, of course!
DMC-LX5 ver 2.0 improvements:
- Auto Focus speed-up.
- [HIGH ISO NR] has been added to the [REC] menu.
- Improved auto white balance performance.
- [ACTIVE MODE] has been added to the [MOTION PICTURE] menu.
- The AF/AE Lock operated by half-pressing the shutter button has been improved.
- When [MF] is set, you can make fine adjustments to the focus using a simpler operation than before.
- The position and size of the AF area you have set are now stored.
- The upper limit of the shutter speed in Manual Exposure Mode has been raised. (Max 250 seconds approximately)
- [MINIATURE EFFECT] has been added to My Colour Mode.
- [MONITOR] / [VIEWFINDER] has been added to the [SETUP] menu.