The HTC Rezound (a.k.a. HTC Vigor) is finally official. HTC has announced its new flagship Android smartphone, heading to Verizon Wireless’ speedy 4G LTE network, at a press event in New York. As it was previously rumored, the Rezound sports a 4.3-inch screen at a 1280×720 HD resolution, that’s a retina display worthy pixel density. It will run on a 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm MSM8660 processor with 1GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. It’s a Beats branded device, and comes with a matching set of Beats by Dr. Dre earbuds and a Beats sound profile that will make you music sound oh-so sweet.
The device will obviously come with Android 2.3 Gingerbread and HTC’s Sense 3.5 at launch, with an Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update coming early next year. The HTC Rezound will be offered coming Novermber 14th for $299.99 on a two-year commitment.
The Rezound comes with an 8-megapixel f/2.2 28mm wide-angle lens back camera with dual LED flash and a 2-megapixel front camera and will be capable of shooting 1080p video. You will also be able to charge the 1620mAh battery (oh why doesn’t HTC include bigger batteries) wirelessly on the optional dock. The HTC Rezound measures 129 x 65.5 x 13.65 mm.
You might want to check out how the Rezound holds up to the rest of the Android heroes, the Motorola RAZR and the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, in our concise comparison.
More pictures and full specs after the break.
- Mobile Hotspot capability: share 4G connection with up to ten Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Operating System: Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) with latest HTC Sense – an upgrade to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) will be available in early 2012
- Internal Memory: 16 GB on-board memory, 1 GB DDR2 RAM
- Memory Card: 16 GB MicroSD pre-installed
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth: 3.0 – support for headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access and object push for vCard and vCalendar
- GPS: GPS/AGPS
- Battery: 1,620 mAh
- Special Features: HDMI (through MHL), G-sensor, Light sensor, Compass, Proximity sensor, MicroUSB, USIM/CSIM/ISIM, audio jack and Wireless Charging capable
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8660 1.5GHz, Qualcomm MDM9600
- Dimensions: 129 x 65.5 x 13.65 mm