Search is an integral part of Android, Google is search first and foremost after all. The search giant is now pushing an update for the Google Search app to Android 2.2, 2.3 and 3.x devices, which should bring some of the functionality, performance and looks adopted in the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich version.
Google is claiming that you will notice how faster and smoother this new version is. New features include a simplified user interface, search results are now grouped by type, there are country-specific search results, while you can now remove search history items.
To update, head over to the Market on your device, hit the option key and then ‘My Apps’ and you see Google Search at the top, demanding an well worth update.
The full list of changes:
- Faster, smoother performance, with an updated and simplified user interface.
- Suggestions for your search grouped by type, with web suggestions at the top.
- Country-specific suggestions and search results for all countries with Google domains.
- Long press to remove history items.
Some tips for your next search:
- Tap the arrow to the right of a search suggestion or history item to add it to your search term before searching.
- Get suggestions from other apps on your phone – check out searchable items in Search settings.
- Long press on home screen to add the Google Search widget, if you don’t have it already, to access search faster.