HTC has already promised March 2012 Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) updates for its Sensation series smartphones worldwide, but some lucky users might be getting an early taste very soon. The company just sent us word that it will be updating a limited number of Sensation and Sensation XE handsets in Europe to the latest version of Android and its own Sense 4.0 UI.
HTC is calling it an “early access preview” so that a few hundred users can play around with the new software and hopefully share the experience with the rest of the Android community. HTC will be doing similar sort of previews with other handsets in the future. As a reminder, the HTC Sensation, Sensation 4G, Sensation XE and Sensation XL should all get Android ICS updates by the end of March.
HTC is doing something new and pretty cool in the coming days: we’ll be releasing an “early access preview” of our ICS upgrade for the Sensation and Sensation XE. This will be limited in scope (just a few hundred users and only in Europe) because we’re still scaling up back-end resources for general availability worldwide, and our hope is people will play with it and enjoy getting used to the ICS experience with Sense. We’ll be doing similar previews for other devices in the future, too. – HTC
- May 16 2012 HTC Sensation added to CyanogenMod 9 nightlies
- Mar 09 2012 HTC Sensation and Sensation XE receiving Android 4.0 and Sense 3.6 update in Europe, here's how to update yours now
- Feb 09 2012 HTC details Android Ice Cream Sandwich update plans; hint: they are sensational
- Nov 07 2011 HTC confirms Vivid, Sensation, Rezound, EVO 3D and others to get Android Ice Cream Sandwich upgrades in early 2012
- Nov 05 2011 How to: Convert the HTC Sensation or Sensation 4G to a Sensation XE
- Sep 14 2011 HTC Sensation XE is official with 1.5GHz processor bump, bigger battery and Beats audio
- Aug 31 2011 HTC Sensation Special Edition with bigger battery, 1.5GHz clock-rate and Beats by Dr. Dre
- Aug 13 2011 HTC Sensation getting 2.3.4 update in Europe
- Aug 04 2011 HTC details unlocking tool, Sensation and EVO 3D first -- won't stop locking bootloaders
- Jun 26 2011 HTC Sensation death grip, part 2: a simple touch
- Jun 22 2011 Nokia N9 claims 'fastest image-capturing phone'; we test: HTC Sensation faster still