Though British Micro Four Thirds friends will have to shell out more than their counterparts across the pond, Olympus is offering a nice sweetener to the deal. Anyone ordering the Olympus E-M5 in the UK before the 30th of April will get the HLD-6 battery holder and grip for free. The HLD-6 kit contains both the landscape grip and the portrait grip with extra battery holder. Considering that otherwise you would be looking at around £200-250 for the grip only, it’s not such a bad deal.
According to Amazon the Olympus E-M5 should start shipping on the 1st of April — we’re hoping we won’t be fooled. You can find our entire coverage of the new mirrorless camera in the storyline below.
- May 02 2012 The Olympus OM-D E-M5 is here: first impressions
- Apr 02 2012 PSA: Olympus OM-D E-M5 shipping date delayed until April 23 in the UK
- Apr 01 2012 First unboxing photos of the Olympus OM-D E-M5 MFT camera
- Mar 26 2012 Olympus OM-D E-M5 going for a dive, PT-E08 underwater housing to be released July 2012
- Feb 22 2012 Gadget lust: five new official videos on the Olympus OM-D E-M5
- Feb 20 2012 Olympus E-M5 destroys the PEN E-P3 in high-ISO tests
- Feb 18 2012 Olympus OM-D E-M5 size comparison to the Sony NEX-7, Panasonic GX1 and Fujifilm X-Pro1
- Feb 13 2012 First high ISO test images from the Olympus OM-D E-M5 digital camera
- Feb 09 2012 Olympus E-M5 vs. Fujifilm X-Pro1 vs. Panasonic GX1 vs. Sony NEX-7 comparison
- Feb 08 2012 Olympus OM-D E-M5 weather-sealed Micro Four Thirds camera announced for $999.99 (specs, pictures, video)
- Feb 04 2012 Full image of the Olympus OM-D E-M5, Amazon Japan listing points to March 30th release date
- Feb 03 2012 Olympus OM-D E-M5 mirrorless camera to be announced February 8th?
- Feb 03 2012 Leaked Olympus OM-D E-M5 brochure shows us the pro-level MFT camera in all its black beauty
- Jan 20 2012 First leaked image of the Olympus OM-D E-M5 MFT camera
- Jan 17 2012 First rumored specs for the Olympus OM-D E-M5 camera: Micro Four Thirds, EVF and weather sealed body
- Jan 15 2012 Olympus starts teaser campaign for OM camera system, registers Olympus OM-D trademark