We thoroughly reviewed the Fujifilm X100 here, which we loved for its amazing image quality. Our main gripe with the camera was its secondary controls. Well, Fujifilm has just released a new firmware v1.20 for the X100 that tackles these specific issues.
First of all, we asked for the ability to be able to customize the RAW button in the back, i.e. use it as second function button, and it seems we got our wish. Next up, ISO Auto Control has now been moved to the more logical ISO menu. Unfortunately however, it is not accessible from the FN/RAW buttons when you pull ISO settings, you still need to go into the menu to enable or disable it.
Fujifilm also claims to have improved auto exposure and autofocus performance during movie shooting.
Initial experiences with the updated firmware are very positive and X100 owners are also reporting that overall autofocus speed has improved. To download the new firmware, head over here and follow the instructions.
- Jul 30 2012 Fujifilm X100 discontinued, making way for the X200?
- May 20 2012 The Fujfilm X100 is beautiful on the inside too
- May 15 2012 Fujifilm announces 28mm equivalent wide angle conversion lens and v1.30 firmware for X100
- Apr 15 2012 Manfrotto Nano VI and VII camera pouch review: budget, stylish protection for your mirrorless camera
- Mar 09 2012 Fujifilm X100 Black Limited Edition shipping now for $1,699.95
- Mar 05 2012 Fujifilm FinePix X100 digital camera real world review
- Feb 19 2012 Your Fujifilm X100 overexposes images? How to check for the sticky aperture blade issue (video)
- Feb 09 2012 Fujifilm X10 v1.03 firmware update released, brings a bunch of improvements
- Jan 31 2012 Fujifilm sold 100,000 X100 cameras in nine months
- Dec 27 2011 Our favorite gadgets from 2011
- Nov 07 2011 Panasonic GX1 vs. Sony NEX-7 vs. Fujifilm X100 vs. Olympus E-P3 comparison
- Oct 23 2011 Fujifilm X100 startup time and SD card write speed tests; how to make the X100 faster
- Oct 20 2011 Fuji updates FinePix X100 to v1.11 with better macro auto-focus and fixes
- Aug 29 2011 Sony Alpha A77 vs. A65 vs. NEX-7 vs. Fujifilm Finepix X100 comparison
- Aug 24 2011 Sony NEX-7 vs. Fujifilm X100 vs. Olympus E-P3 vs. Panasonic DMC-GF3
- Aug 22 2011 Fujifilm FinePix X50 to be the smaller and more affordable zoom brother to the X100 camera
- Jun 24 2011 Fujifilm FinePix X100 gets firmware update to v1.10