We can’t deny that we are anxiously waiting for Olympus’s upcoming high-end Micro Four Thirds digital camera. The Olympus OM-D E-M5 should start shipping any day now if Amazon UK‘s 1st of April ship date pans out, while BHPhotoVideo has the camera shipping on April 16 in the US.
So what if you want to get this 16.1-megapixel, 5-axis in-body image stabilization shooter underwater? Well Olympus has you covered. Together with the E-M5, Olympus had announced the PT-EP08 underwater housing. The PT-EP08 is rated waterproof for up to 45 meters and you can use it together with the M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm II, 14-42mm IIR and ED 9-18mm lenses using the separate PPO-EP01 lens port. Olympus will also release a lens port compatible with a couple of Four Third lenses like the Zuiko Digital ED 50mm f2.0 Macro and 35mm f3.5 Macro.
Taking you gear underwater is a costly business, the main PT-E08 housing costs 112,350 Japanese yen ($1,360) while the Micro Four Thirds PPO-EP01 lens port will set you back an additional 39,900 yen ($480).
The underwater gear is set to be released in July 2012 in Japan.
- May 02 2012 The Olympus OM-D E-M5 is here: first impressions
- Apr 02 2012 PSA: Olympus OM-D E-M5 shipping date delayed until April 23 in the UK
- Apr 01 2012 First unboxing photos of the Olympus OM-D E-M5 MFT camera
- Feb 24 2012 PSA: Olympus OM-D E-M5 now up for pre-order from Amazon UK with free battery grip; shipping April 1st
- Feb 22 2012 Gadget lust: five new official videos on the Olympus OM-D E-M5
- Feb 20 2012 Olympus E-M5 destroys the PEN E-P3 in high-ISO tests
- Feb 18 2012 Olympus OM-D E-M5 size comparison to the Sony NEX-7, Panasonic GX1 and Fujifilm X-Pro1
- Feb 13 2012 First high ISO test images from the Olympus OM-D E-M5 digital camera
- Feb 09 2012 Olympus E-M5 vs. Fujifilm X-Pro1 vs. Panasonic GX1 vs. Sony NEX-7 comparison
- Feb 08 2012 Olympus OM-D E-M5 weather-sealed Micro Four Thirds camera announced for $999.99 (specs, pictures, video)
- Feb 04 2012 Full image of the Olympus OM-D E-M5, Amazon Japan listing points to March 30th release date
- Feb 03 2012 Olympus OM-D E-M5 mirrorless camera to be announced February 8th?
- Feb 03 2012 Leaked Olympus OM-D E-M5 brochure shows us the pro-level MFT camera in all its black beauty
- Jan 20 2012 First leaked image of the Olympus OM-D E-M5 MFT camera
- Jan 17 2012 First rumored specs for the Olympus OM-D E-M5 camera: Micro Four Thirds, EVF and weather sealed body
- Jan 15 2012 Olympus starts teaser campaign for OM camera system, registers Olympus OM-D trademark