Another day, another Samsung Galaxy S3 (a.k.a. next Galaxy) smartphone rumor. We’ve already seen a slightly varying set of specs and some widely different purported photos of the Galaxy S III, including ones where the the phone’s insides were supposedly in a dummy case.
Today is the first time that we have two collaborating pieces of evidence. First at the top you can see a photo that was received by PhoneArena from an anonymous tipster. The first eyesore is the physical home button and fixed options/multitasking and back buttons, which go against the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich playbook.
The leaked Galaxy S3 looks very similar to the Galaxy Nexus, which we’ve extensively reviewed here. It has the same curvy shape, earpiece and button positioning, however the leaked device has a slightly smaller left and right bezel, a metallic rim and of course physical home and Android capacitive buttons.
The same shape device appeared in a leaked service manual, below, for a GT-I9300 smartphone, the long-rumored model number of the Galaxy S III. Note that the actual name of the next Galaxy smartphone was confirmed during Samsung’s latest quarterly results call where VP Robert Yi said,
we are anticipating very strong demand for the Galaxy S3.
The included specs point to a 4.8-inch device, while previous rumors were for a 4.7-inch screen. There is also a bump in clock speed to 1.5GHz from the previously rumored 1.4GHz. In this leak the camera is supposed to be 8-megapixels against other rumors for a 12-megapixel rear shooter.
As with all rumors, take these with a pinch of salt. Anyway we’ll know for sure on May 3rd.
- Jun 03 2012 Samsung Galaxy S III receives the teardown treatment
- May 16 2012 An Italian confronts the Galaxy S III: first unboxing and hands-on video
- May 03 2012 Samsung Galaxy S III hands-on video; four minutes of gadget lust
- May 03 2012 Samsung Galaxy S III official: 4.8-inch 720p Super AMOLED PenTile display, 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos
- May 03 2012 PSA: the Samsung Galaxy S III is being announced today, here's how to watch the event live
- Apr 25 2012 Samsung Galaxy S III turns up in benchmark with dual-core Exynos 4212 SoC besting the best of Android
- Apr 22 2012 Samsung Galaxy S III rumors weekend overview: hands-on video, specs and did Amazon Germany spill the beans?
- Apr 16 2012 Samsung sends invites for May 3rd event in London to unveil next Galaxy smartphone
- Mar 18 2012 Here's another leaked photo of the Samsung Galaxy S III, for what it's worth
- Mar 17 2012 The pieces fit, could this finally be the Samsung Galaxy S III getting ready for a May 22 announcement?
- Feb 06 2012 Samsung Galaxy S III to launch May and be 7mm thick say 'industry sources'