It only makes sense for Fujifilm to release more mirrorless bodies for its XF system, and it seems the lonely X-Pro1 will soon be getting a younger brother. Ahead of Photokina 2012, a new Fujifilm camera has leaked, the X-E1. It looks like a cross between the X-Pro1’s front and the X100’s (you can read our full review here) top.
Astute observers will note that there is no hybrid optical/electronic viewfinder, but the viewfinder port in the back it tell-tale of a straight EVF. This makes sense as the X-E1 would be the more affordable choice for enthusiasts in comparison to the X-Pro1. We can also make out a pop-up flash port next to the hot shoe at the top.
Judging from the leaked pictures, both silver and black color fans will be pleased and for good measure the X-E1 has also been paired with the new XF18-55mm f/2.8-4 R image stabilized zoom lens.
- Jan 06 2013 Fujifilm X100S camera announced with fast AF and new 16.3MP X-Trans II sensor (hands-on video)
- Sep 10 2012 Fujifilm X-E1 coverage: previews and sample images (video)
- Jul 30 2012 Fujifilm X100 discontinued, making way for the X200?
- Jun 27 2012 Fujifilm shows X-Pro1 lens roadmap with a stabilized zoom and an ultra-wide prime coming this fall
- May 15 2012 Fujifilm announces 28mm equivalent wide angle conversion lens and v1.30 firmware for X100
- Mar 23 2012 Fujifilm X100 v1.20 firmware update brings control refinements and AF improvements
- Mar 09 2012 Fujifilm X100 Black Limited Edition shipping now for $1,699.95
- Mar 05 2012 Fujifilm FinePix X100 digital camera real world review
- Feb 19 2012 Your Fujifilm X100 overexposes images? How to check for the sticky aperture blade issue (video)
- Feb 18 2012 Fujifilm X-S1 26x superzoom bridge camera takes on a Canon DSLR (video)
- Feb 09 2012 Olympus E-M5 vs. Fujifilm X-Pro1 vs. Panasonic GX1 vs. Sony NEX-7 comparison