HTC has already promised March 2012 Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) updates for its Sensation series smartphones worldwide, but some lucky users might be getting an early taste very soon. The company just sent us word that it will be updating a limited number of Sensation and Sensation XE handsets in Europe to the latest version of Android and its own Sense 4.0 UI.
HTC is calling it an “early access preview” so that a few hundred users can play around with the new software and hopefully share the experience with the rest of the Android community. HTC will be doing similar sort of previews with other handsets in the future. As a reminder, the HTC Sensation, Sensation 4G, Sensation XE and Sensation XL should all get Android ICS updates by the end of March.
HTC is doing something new and pretty cool in the coming days: we’ll be releasing an “early access preview” of our ICS upgrade for the Sensation and Sensation XE. This will be limited in scope (just a few hundred users and only in Europe) because we’re still scaling up back-end resources for general availability worldwide, and our hope is people will play with it and enjoy getting used to the ICS experience with Sense. We’ll be doing similar previews for other devices in the future, too. – HTC
- HTC Sensation added to CyanogenMod 9 nightlies
- HTC Sensation and Sensation XE receiving Android 4.0 and Sense 3.6 update in Europe, here's how to update yours now
- HTC Sensation and Sensation XE handsets getting an early taste of Android Ice Cream Sandwich
- HTC details Android Ice Cream Sandwich update plans; hint: they are sensational
- HTC confirms Vivid, Sensation, Rezound, EVO 3D and others to get Android Ice Cream Sandwich upgrades in early 2012