It only makes sense for Fujifilm to release more mirrorless bodies for its XF system, and it seems the lonely X-Pro1 will soon be getting a younger brother. Ahead of Photokina 2012, a new Fujifilm camera has leaked, the X-E1. It looks like a cross between the X-Pro1’s front and the X100’s (you can read our full review here) top.
Astute observers will note that there is no hybrid optical/electronic viewfinder, but the viewfinder port in the back it tell-tale of a straight EVF. This makes sense as the X-E1 would be the more affordable choice for enthusiasts in comparison to the X-Pro1. We can also make out a pop-up flash port next to the hot shoe at the top.
Judging from the leaked pictures, both silver and black color fans will be pleased and for good measure the X-E1 has also been paired with the new XF18-55mm f/2.8-4 R image stabilized zoom lens.
- Fujifilm X100S camera announced with fast AF and new 16.3MP X-Trans II sensor (hands-on video)
- Fujifilm X-E1 coverage: previews and sample images (video)
- More affordable Fujifilm X-E1 leaks with EVF and pop-up flash (pictures)
- Fujifilm X100 discontinued, making way for the X200?
- Fujifilm shows X-Pro1 lens roadmap with a stabilized zoom and an ultra-wide prime coming this fall