We can’t say this has come soon enough, Apple has just made available its first update to Mac OS X Lion, version 10.7.1. The update brings a number of bug fixes that should at least ease some of the frustration Lion users have been facing.
Some of fixes included in the update are to:
- Address an issue that may cause the system to become unresponsive when playing a video in Safari.
- Resolve an issue that may cause system audio to stop working when using HDMI or optical audio out.
- Improve the reliability of Wi-Fi connections.
- Resolve an issue that prevents transfer of your data, settings, and compatible applications to a new Mac running OS X Lion.
- Resolve an issue in which an admin user account could be missing after upgrading to OS X Lion.
- Resolve an issue where MacBook Air may boot up when MagSafe Adapter is attached.
- Resolve an issue causing intermittent display flickering on MacBook Air.
- Resolve an issue that causes the SD card slot in Mac mini to run at reduced speed with SD and SDHC media.
We’ve had our fair share of frustrations with Lion, namely regarding the reliability of Wi-Fi, especially when using a public shared connection, so join us in clicking the “Apple” icon and then ‘Software Update’.[Apple]