After a lot of speculation and plenty of possible date-throwing, Samsung has started sending out invitations for an Unpacked event on May 3rd in London. The invite just reads
Come and meet the next Galaxy, so this could have possibly been any Galaxy smartphone or tablet. However, the Korean DDaily has confirmed with a Samsung official that this will be the next flagship Samsung Galaxy smartphone, a.k.a. the long-rumored Galaxy S III (though name still remains unconfirmed and Samsung could pull an Apple-type stunt and just call it Galaxy S).
Nothing more in terms of information. Though we can reiterated the standing rumors for the Galaxy S III, which include a large screened device with the first non-PenTile Super AMOLED Plus HD 720×1280 screen, a quad-core Samsung Exynos 4412 processor or the dual-core 2GHz Exynos 5250, just 7mm of thickness and some space-age material.
- Samsung Galaxy S III receives the teardown treatment
- An Italian confronts the Galaxy S III: first unboxing and hands-on video
- Samsung Galaxy S III hands-on video; four minutes of gadget lust
- Samsung Galaxy S III official: 4.8-inch 720p Super AMOLED PenTile display, 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos
- PSA: the Samsung Galaxy S III is being announced today, here's how to watch the event live
- New leaked Galaxy S3 photo and manual collaborate to Galaxy Nexus-style device with home button
- Samsung Galaxy S III turns up in benchmark with dual-core Exynos 4212 SoC besting the best of Android
- Samsung Galaxy S III rumors weekend overview: hands-on video, specs and did Amazon Germany spill the beans?
- Samsung sends invites for May 3rd event in London to unveil next Galaxy smartphone
- Here's another leaked photo of the Samsung Galaxy S III, for what it's worth
- The pieces fit, could this finally be the Samsung Galaxy S III getting ready for a May 22 announcement?
- Samsung Galaxy S III to launch May and be 7mm thick say 'industry sources'
- Samsung Exynos 5250 dual-core 2Ghz SoC coming in Q2 2012, could be dating a tablet at MWC
- Samsung Galaxy S III could launch at MWC in Barcelona this February