We’ve been trying to restrain from posting too many news on Apple’s upcoming next generation iPad, which should be announced on March 7th, but this is an interesting piece of news.
It’s long been speculated that new iPad will follow the same naming convention as previous generations of iOS products, i.e. will be called the iPad 3. However a new rumor suggests that it will actually be called iPad HD. Although we generally dislike the trend of simply slapping “HD” on everything, it could make sense as the key new feature of the next iPad is expected to be its high definition 2,048 x 1,536-pixel display.
The leak comes from Michael Fonfara on Twitter, who has posted a list of parts from accessory vendor Griffin including a couple of references to an iPad HD IntelliCase. Michael claims to have also verified the name with Belkin.
- Sep 10 2012 Pogo Connect is a pressure sensitive Bluetooth 4.0 stylus for the iPad 3 and iPad mini
- May 20 2012 Retina iPad 3 & iPad 4 (2012) case review: Yoobao leather case
- Apr 18 2012 Display shootout: HTC One X vs. Galaxy Nexus (vs. iPad 3) screen comparison
- Apr 02 2012 New 3rd generation iPad customer satisfaction at an all time high, excessive heat not an issue according to survey
- Apr 01 2012 Public jailbreak for A5 and A5X devices (i.e. iPad 3) running iOS 5.1 still some time away
- Mar 24 2012 Your new iPad is begging for these geometric retina display optimized wallpapers
- Mar 19 2012 If you drop it, it will break; the new iPad's screen that is
- Mar 17 2012 iPad 3 receives untethered jailbreak and Cydia install on its first day out
- Mar 16 2012 No, Apple didn't make a battery tech breakthrough in the iPad 3; it just stuck more of it inside
- Mar 13 2012 Apple's new iPad (a.k.a. iPad 3) packing 1GB of RAM and 1GHz processor, gets early unboxing and benchmark
- Mar 10 2012 The 3rd generation iPad is the first tablet with Bluetooth 4.0, what's in it for you
- Mar 08 2012 iPad 2 vs. 3rd generation iPad 3 comparison