We’ve been trying to restrain from posting too many news on Apple’s upcoming next generation iPad, which should be announced on March 7th, but this is an interesting piece of news.
It’s long been speculated that new iPad will follow the same naming convention as previous generations of iOS products, i.e. will be called the iPad 3. However a new rumor suggests that it will actually be called iPad HD. Although we generally dislike the trend of simply slapping “HD” on everything, it could make sense as the key new feature of the next iPad is expected to be its high definition 2,048 x 1,536-pixel display.
The leak comes from Michael Fonfara on Twitter, who has posted a list of parts from accessory vendor Griffin including a couple of references to an iPad HD IntelliCase. Michael claims to have also verified the name with Belkin.
- Pogo Connect is a pressure sensitive Bluetooth 4.0 stylus for the iPad 3 and iPad mini
- Retina iPad 3 & iPad 4 (2012) case review: Yoobao leather case
- Display shootout: HTC One X vs. Galaxy Nexus (vs. iPad 3) screen comparison
- New 3rd generation iPad customer satisfaction at an all time high, excessive heat not an issue according to survey
- Public jailbreak for A5 and A5X devices (i.e. iPad 3) running iOS 5.1 still some time away